Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is a lovely maple with green summer leaves turning gold to red in autumn and handsome yellow and orange winter stems.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is a lovely maple with green summer leaves turning gold to red in autumn and handsome yellow and orange winter stems. The fresh leaves in spring have tints of pink in spring as they emerge.
With the colourful winter stems, Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' is eye-catching all year round and grows to be a large shrub or very small tree in time, most suited for a position in sun or light, dappled shade with a little shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Bi-hoo' will grow to be a large shrub or small branching tree in time.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark