Tilia tomentosa 'Petiolaris'
Available Winter 2019
(Weeping Silver Lime) A beautiful tree known for its attractive foliage, Tilia tomentosa 'Petiolaris' has large dark green leaves, the underside of which are coated in a silver felt.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A beautiful tree known for its attractive foliage, Tilia tomentosa 'Petiolaris' has large dark green leaves, the underside of which are coated in a silver felt. This silver underside gives a very pleasant effect when ruffled in a breeze and turn attractive shades of golden yellow before falling in autumn.
The branches arch gracefully downwards once established and in the summer masses of strongly scented flowers appear which are narcotic to bees.
Tilia tomentosa 'Petiolaris' is best planted in a position with plenty of space in which the attractive domed habit can develop.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Tilia tomentosa 'Petiolaris' eventually grows to be a large branching tree with a domed crown.
- Height: 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: up to 25 m (82 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Habit - Weeping, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like