Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa'
(Contorted Lime) An unusual form of Lime, Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' has a generally upright habit with branches which appear twisted and coiled.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual form of Lime, Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' has a generally upright habit with branches which appear twisted and coiled. The leaves are pale green which turn butter yellow in a good autumn and the peculiar stem growth ensures that this tree is still interesting in winter once the leaves have fallen!
Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' is also eye-catching if grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Most soils, including chalk.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow initially then moderate.
- Habit: Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' grows to be a medium sized tree, generally with an upright habit when young and a more rounded crown once mature. Can be cut back hard and grown as an ornamental shrub in a container.
- Height: 12 m (40 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Honey Fungus Resistant, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural