(Middendorff Weigela) A compact plant native to parts of Japan and Northern China, Weigela middendorffiana has bell-shaped, yellow flowers with dark-orange markings in late spring and early summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 30 - 40 cm tall)
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A compact plant native to parts of Japan and Northern China, Weigela middendorffiana has bell-shaped, yellow flowers with dark-orange markings in late spring and early summer. These flowers stand out well against the lush, dark green leaves.
Weigela middendorffiana is an unusual and very ornamental, small shrub.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Weigela middendorffiana requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Weigela middendorffiana grows to be a small, compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like