Syringa vulgaris 'Andenken an Ludwig Spath'
(Lilac) A popular and reliable lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Andenken an Ludwig Spath' has panicles of vivid purple-pink coloured flowers in early summer.
Supplied Size: 3L/4L pots (three year old plants, 60 - 80 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A popular and reliable lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Andenken an Ludwig Spath' has panicles of vivid purple-pink coloured flowers in early summer. The leaves are bright green turning yellow/bronze before falling in autumn. A large shrub or eventually very small garden tree with good late spring/early summer colour, ideal for planting in a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large branching shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft). [3 m (10 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft). [2 m (6 ft) in ten years]
- Notes: Syringa vulgaris 'Andenken an Ludwig Spath' can be pruned to shape in late winter if required. This plant can also be known as Syringa vulgaris 'Souvenir de Louis Spaeth'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like