Tilia x 'Harold Hillier'
(Hybrid Lime Tree) Handsome lime tree with a narrow, conical habit and good butter yellow autumn colour.
Supplied Size: 4L pot (approx 3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Handsome lime tree with a narrow, conical habit and good butter yellow autumn colour. The leaves of Tilia x 'Harold Hillier' are edged with small bristle-tipped teeth and established plants do not seem to have a problem with honeydew.
Tilia x 'Harold Hillier' is an excellent specimen tree for larger woodland gardens or parkland.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tilia x 'Harold Hillier' grows to be a medium sized branching tree.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: This plant is a hybrid between Tilia japonica and Tilia mongolica.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like