(Wood Fern) A superb fern from East Asia, Dryopteris kuratae has glossy green pinnate fronds with a serrate edge.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A superb fern from East Asia, Dryopteris kuratae has glossy green pinnate fronds with a serrate edge. The croziers (unfurling leaves) are covered with black scales. It is hardy but can be semi-evergreen, dropping some leaves in cold winter weather.
Dryopteris kuratae is suited to a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris kuratae grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Unusual Shape