Polystichum setiferum 'Congestum'
(Dwarf Soft Shield Fern) An eye-catching compact, slow growing & evergreen fern with dense, dark green, upright fronds.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An eye-catching compact, slow growing & evergreen fern with dense, dark green, upright fronds. The fonds are packed together and overlap each other.
Polystichum setiferum 'Congestum' will tolerate some sun but is usually best in partial or heavy shade. Very slow growing and so suitbale for gardens with limited space & for growing in containers or rockeries.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Prefers moist, fertile soil. Suprisingly tolerant of fairly dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Polystichum setiferum grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: up to 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Habit - Architectural, Foliage - Unusual Shape