(Soft Shield Fern) A handsome native of the UK, Polystichum setiferum is a large, evergreen or semi-evergreen fern with long, soft, dark green, neatly toothed fronds once established.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome native of the UK, Polystichum setiferum is a large, evergreen or semi-evergreen fern with long, soft, dark green, neatly toothed fronds once established. Excellent for woodland planting,
Polystichum setiferum is ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Polystichum setiferum grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 90 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £9.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £12.95Regular price £15.00 -20% New Price Each £12.00
New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £32.00
- On sale!