(Button Fern) Pellaea rotundifolia is a lovely fern native to New Zealand with long arching fronds divide into button-like leaflets.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Pellaea rotundifolia is a lovely fern native to New Zealand with long arching fronds divide into button-like leaflets. The young fronds are bright green in colour in spring gradually turning darker green in colour as they age late in the year.
Ideal for a garden position in light dappled . It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to average.
- Habit: Pellaea rotundifolia grows to be a small, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
- On sale!