Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' is a slow growing, medium sized shrub with rose-red to velvet purple summer flowers and dark purple-green summer leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A medium sized shrub, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' has eye-catching rose-red to crimson or velvet purple flower bracts and leaves, bronze-green in spring, darkening to maroon-tinged green later on. The masses of flower and colourful bracts appear in late summer.
Slow growing when young and not really for instant gratification, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' is nevertheless a choice shrub suitable for a position in sun or light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Rose-red to crimson or velvet purple depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Slow when young then moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Merveille Sanguine' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like