Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube'
This eye-catching medium sized, deciduous shrub has probably the best blue flowers we have seen, with, according to your soil pH, flat clusters of cobalt-blue flowers (or pink/purple in more alkaline soils) in late summer. Great in sun or shade and grows well in a large container.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
This Hydrangea has the best blue flowers we have seen, with, according to your soil pH, flat clusters of pink or cobalt-blue flowers in late summer - the Swiss name 'Taube' translates as 'Dove'. The leaves are handsome, large, bright green and oval in shape.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube' is an eye-catching shrub suitable for a position in sun or shade!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink or clear blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Taube' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer