Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama'
One of our favourite climbers, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' has long, pendulous raecemes of beautiful, dark violet purple flowers in early summer once established.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
One of our favourite climbers, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' has long, pendulous raecemes of beautiful, dark violet purple flowers in early summer once established. Reasonably vigorous, it is ideal for climbing up wires or trellis against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Dark, violet blue.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like