(Japanese Toad Lily) A species of Toad Lily native to Japan, Tricyrtis hirta has hairy stems, clasped by narrow mid green leaves and small orchid-like flowers which are white, liberally flecked with purple.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A species of Toad Lily native to Japan, Tricyrtis hirta has hairy stems, clasped by narrow mid green leaves and small orchid-like flowers which are white, liberally flecked with purple. When heavy with flowers, the stems arch gently and will sway attractively in any breeze. The flowers, which face upwards appear from late summer into early autumn.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with tall flowering stems. Usually slightly shorter than Tricyrtis formosana stolonifera.
- Height: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Tricyrtis hirta will grow best when sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like