(Pyracantha) Handsome and evergreen, Pyracantha 'Mohave' is a medium to large shrub with clusters of bright orange-red berries in autumn which stand out well against the dark green leaves
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Handsome and evergreen, Pyracantha 'Mohave' is a medium to large shrub with clusters of bright orange-red berries in autumn which stand out well against the dark green leaves. The berries follow on from small flower clusters which cover the plant in late spring/early summer.
Grows well against a sunny wall or fence. Excellent for screening once established.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Pyracantha 'Mohave' may lose some of its leaves in an exceptionally cold winter.
- Flowering Period: May-June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized to large branching shrub. Pyracantha 'Mohave' can be pruned hard and trained along wires if required.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Screening/Hedge
You might also like