(Chinese Pearlbloom) A rare small tree native to Central China, Poliothyrsis sinensis has beautiful racemes of delicate white flowers in late summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare small tree native to Central China, Poliothyrsis sinensis has beautiful racemes of delicate white flowers in late summer. On established plants, these flowers may be followed by small seed capsules. The leaves are bright green in summer, turning shades of yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
Poliothyrsis sinensis can be a tricky plant to grow well in the UK, particularly in cold or exposed areas and is best attempted by experienced gardeners who are prepared to protect it from winter cold, late Spring frost, etc.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Poliothyrsis sinensis will not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged sites.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Poliothyrsis sinensis grows to be a very small tree in the UK.
- Height: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Poliothyrsis sinensis can be a fickle and difficult plant. As such, it is NOT covered by any guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Autumn Colour
You might also like