Tilia cordata 'Green Globe'
(Dwarf Small Leaved Lime) An unusual dwarf selection, Tilia cordata 'Green Globe' is slow growing with a low rounded habit and dark green, heart-shaped leaves which turn shades of golden yellow before falling in autumn.
Supplied Size: 3L containers (approx 3 years old, 10 - 20 cm tall) - this plant is not for instant gratification and recommended for patient gardeners only.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual dwarf selection, Tilia cordata 'Green Globe' is slow growing with a low rounded habit and dark green, heart-shaped leaves which turn shades of golden yellow before falling in autumn.
These have been grafted at ground level and so will grow as a shrub, rather than a tree. Although slow growing, Tilia cordata 'Green Globe' is very hardy and will do well in exposed position with best autumn colour if planted in full sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Tilia cordata 'Green Globe' is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Tilia cordata 'Green Globe' grows to be a small or medium sized branching shrub in time.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Autumn Colour
You might also like