Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus'
An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour. Small fragrant flower clusters appear on the branches of mature specimens.
Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' can be grown in a container if required or makes an excellent border shrub.
Supplied Size: 3L containers (30 - 40 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April and May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' grows to be a densely branched medium sized or eventually large rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge
You might also like