Osmanthus x burkwoodii
A very ornamental evergreen shrub, Osmanthus x burkwoodii has dark green leaves and clusters of very pretty, sweetly scented flowers in April and May.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A very ornamental evergreen shrub, Osmanthus x burkwoodii has dark green leaves and clusters of very pretty, sweetly scented flowers in April and May. The flowers contrast well against the dark green leaves and this makes an excellent foil when planted at the back of a border with other colourful shrubs or herbaceous plants in front.
Suitable for sun or shade and makes an excellent informal hedge if pruned to shape.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April and May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus x burkwoodii grows to be a medium sized or eventually large rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Osmanthus x burkwoodii is a hybrid between Osmanthus decorus and Osmanthus delavayi
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Scented, Flowers in Spring