Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Belle Etoile'
(Mock Orange) Compact, arching shrub with masses of beautiful and highly fragrant, four-petalled, single white flowers in early summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Compact, arching shrub with masses of beautiful and highly fragrant, four-petalled, single white flowers in early summer. The flowers ofPhiladelphus x lemoinei 'Belle Etoile' are large, up to 4 cm across, with a colourful maroon centre and stand out well against the dark green and tapered leaves.
Superb shrub for summer flowers and ideal for a sunny border!
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade. Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Belle Etoile' will flowers best if planted in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Belle Etoile' grows to be a small to medium sized rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Pruning: Prune Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Belle Etoile' to shape immediately after flowering if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like