Malus 'Royal Beauty'
(Weeping Crab Apple) A small and graceful tree, Malus 'Royal Beauty' has arching branches covered with with masses of pink-red flowers in Spring.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A small and graceful tree, Malus 'Royal Beauty' has arching branches covered with with masses of pink-red flowers in Spring. These flowers are covered by dark purple fruit in late summer and autumn. The leaves are bronze-purple in spring when they emerge, gradually darkening to purple-green in summer with some yellow, gold and bronze tints before the leaves fall in autumn.
The weeping habit makes Malus 'Royal Beauty' very suitable for small gardens with limited space and the best purple foliage display will be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sunlight.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pink-purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Royal Beauty' grows to be a very small tree with weeping branches.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Weeping, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)