Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea'
(Bellflower) An attractive perennial, Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea' has lovely lilac-blue, bell-shaped flowers atop its stems in mid summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An attractive perannial, Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea' has lovely lilac-blue, bell-shaped flowers atop its stems in mid summer. These flowers contrast well with the lush, dark green leaves.
Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea' is a superb choice of herbaceous plant for informal flower beds and cottage gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea' grows to be a clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: up to 90 cm (up to 3 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Cut Campanula persicifolia 'Coerulea' back after flowering to encourage a secondary flush of flowers. Divide established clumps every 3 or 4 years, removing the old parts and replanting the vigorous young sections.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like