Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus'
An easy, reliable and handsome grass, Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus' earns its name from the creamy coloured horizontal bands which mark the leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An easy, reliable and handsome grass, Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus' earns its name from the creamy coloured horizontal bands which mark the leaves. The broadly arching leaves which are wider than many of the other Miscanthus sinensis varieties produce new autumn growth of a lovely maroon colour which compliments the russet shades of the older leaves.
The long tassel flowers in August turn into silvery seed heads later on, providing good winter interest.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Does not mind damp but well drained positions. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus' grows to be a medium sized, clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Pruning: Cut Miscanthus sinensis 'Zebrinus' down to ground level in late winter or early spring before the new foliage appears.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft tall), Grass - Large (over 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
You might also like