Picea orientalis 'Aurea'
(Golden Oriental Spruce) Spectacular evergreen small tree, Picea orientalis 'Aurea' has lovely golden-yellow coloured young shoots in spring which turn dark green later in the year.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 30 - 40 cm tall) - very limited availability this year
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Spectacular evergreen small tree, Picea orientalis 'Aurea' has lovely golden-yellow coloured young shoots in spring which turn dark green later in the year. The slightly drooping branchlets give this a lovely, pendulous appearance and an established specimen makes a splendid, architectural addition to a garden.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Picea orientalis 'Aurea' grows to be a small or eventually a medium sized tree with a conical habit.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like