(Epaulette tree) A rare plant native to China, Pterostyrax psilophyllus grows to be a small tree in the UK with white panicles of scented flowers in early summer once established.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare plant native to China, Pterostyrax psilophyllus grows to be a small tree in the UK with white panicles of scented flowers in early summer once established.The bright green leaves have occasional yellow and bronze tints as they falling autumn..
Pterostyrax psilophyllus is somewhat hardy but requires a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Pterostyrax psilophyllus requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pterostyrax psilophyllus grows to be a small, upright tree in most parts of the UK (possibly larger in very mild or sheltered areas).
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like