Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine'
(Lilac) A fantastic flowering plant, Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine' has dense clusters of scented double white flowers in late spring which stand out well against the green leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A fantastic flowering plant, Syringa vulgaris 'Mme Lemoine' has dense clusters of scented double white flowers in late spring which stand out well against the green leaves.
Syringa vulgaris 'Mme. Lemoine' will flower best in a sunny position and will grow to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually a very small branching tree.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tall multi-stemmed shrub or eventually very small flowering tree in time.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Notes: To encourage flowering in the following year, prune out the current faded flower panicles immediately after flowering.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like