Available Winter 2019
An unusual lilac native to China, Syringa wolfii grows to be a large shrub in the UK as arching panicles of scented, lilac-mauve flowers in early to mid summer.
Supplied Size: 2L / 3L pots (30 - 40 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual lilac native to China, Syringa wolfii grows to be a large shrub in the UK as arching panicles of scented, lilac-mauve flowers in early to mid summer. The leaves are dark green and heart shaped.
Syringa wolfii is very hardy and will usually flower best in a position with full sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Avoid planting in waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Lilac-mauve.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Syringa wolfii grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like