(Siebold's Magnolia) An unusual and lovely species with a long flowering period, Magnolia sieboldii has white flowers with a cerise center and a lovely fruity perfume.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual and lovely species with a long flowering period, Magnolia sieboldii has white flowers with a cerise center and a lovely fruity perfume. A specimen in our own arboretum is always in flower here by the third week in May and is usually still flowering at the end of July. These flowers are followed by crimson fruit clusters in autumn.
Magnolia sieboldii is a beautiful, spreading large shrub or eventually small tree with a long lasting flowering period. On of our favourites!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Flower Colour: White with a cerise centre
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia sieboldii grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of Magnolia sieboldii, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 14 years old, it had reached a height of 4 m and a spread of 4 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like