Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca'
(Blue Atlas Cedar) A handsome and vigorous tree, Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca' has vivid, silvery-blue needles which retain their colour all year round and a distinctive habit.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (seed grown, approx 3 - 4 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome and vigorous tree, Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca' has vivid, silvery-blue needles which retain their colour all year round and a distinctive habit. Once established it also has large, ornamental, greyish-pink cones which can be up to 10 - 15 cm long.
Cedrus libani subsp atlantica 'Glauca' grows to be a majestic specimen tree which is more suited to large gardens.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large tree with an upright, pyramidal habit when young and horizontal, spreading branches once mature.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: Cedrus libani subsp. atlantica 'Glauca' is particularly eye-catching when planted against a dark backdrop which highlights the coloured needles.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like