Phyllocladus alpinus 'Blue Blades'
(Mountain Celery Pine) Phyllocladus alpinus 'Blue Blades' is an unusual conifer native to New Zealand which has eye-catching, flattened, bluish-green, blade-like leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Phyllocladus alpinus 'Blue Blades' is an unusual conifer native to New Zealand which has eye-catching, flattened, bluish-green, blade-like leaves. A slow growing medium sized upright shrub eventually once established.
Most suitable for a sunny position with shelter from strong wind. Not suitable for cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Best in a warm position with shelter from wind.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Phyllocladus alpinus 'Blue Blades' will grow as a small upright shrub in the short term, eventually medium sized.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) eventually slightly larer in mild areas.
- Spread: up to 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Habit - Narrow, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Rare and Unusual