Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la'
(Maidenhair Tree) A rare male selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' has bright green leaves which turn golden-yellow before falling in autumn and an upright pyramidal habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare male selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' has bright green leaves which turn golden-yellow before falling in autumn and an upright pyramidal habit.
New to us and reputed to be reasonably vigorous (for a Ginkgo), this makes a handsome garden tree with eye-catching autumn colour once established.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with pyramidal habit when young and spreading once mature.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' grows well in dry, urban environments and is a superb tree for a town garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
You might also like