Betula utilis 'Nepalese Orange'
(Himalayan birch) Betula utilis ‘Nepalese Orange‘ is an unusual Himalayan birch grown for its eye-catching orange and bronze bark once established.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Betula utilis ‘Nepalese Orange‘ is an unusual Himalayan birch grown for its eye-catching orange and bronze bark once established. Bark maybe creamy when immature with established plants developing noticeable lenticels (raised pores) running horizontally across the bark. The summer leaves are dark green with yellow and bronze tints before falling in autumn.
The bark does take several years to fully develop and this grows to be a medium sized tree once established. Avoid planting in areas prone to sitting wet over winter or waterlogging.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Betula utilis ‘Nepalese Orange‘ grows to be a medium sized to tall, slender tree.
- Height: approx 12 - 15 m (40 - 50 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Rare and Unusual