Betula utilis 'Knightshayes'
(Himalayan Birch) An interesting selection of Himalayan birch, which has striking silver-white bark and a distinctive habit with elegant semi-weeping branches.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An interesting selection of Himalayan birch, which has striking silver-white bark and a distinctive habit with elegant semi-weeping branches. A small to medium sized tree in time with excellent winter interest.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Betula utilis var. jacquemonti 'Knightshayes' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: approx 12 m (40 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Habit - Weeping