Fagus sylvatica 'Purpurea' (bundles of 25)
Ordering a quantity of 1 = 1 bundle of 25 plants, 2 = 2 bundles of 25 plants, etc!
Fagus sylvatica 'Purpurea' is a beautiful, large specimen tree that has deep purple foliage all summer and bronze autumn colour. It also can be pruned to makes a good, dense hedge.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Purple Beech) This is a beautiful, large specimen tree that has deep purple foliage all summer and bronze autumn colour with the dead leaves staying on the plants, sometimes until late spring. It also makes a good, dense hedge.
A mix of Fagus sylvatica 'Purpurea' and the common Fagus sylvatica in a hedge can create a striking two toned hedge of purple and green. Suitable for a position in full sun and most well drained soils including chalk.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large branching tree.
- Height: 30 m (98 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft).
- Notes: Available from late November to February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like