Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia'
(Cut-leaved Beech) Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia' is a slow growing, small tree once established with deeply cut green leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual selection of beech tree, Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia' has variable yet handsome, deeply cut, dark green leaves. Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia' is usually slower growing than a standard Beech tree, but has a much more ornamental leaf and makes a very attractive garden tree once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia' grows in time to be a medium sized, branching tree.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: Fagus sylvatica 'Aspleniifolia' is not a tree for instant gratification and will take many years to reach the above size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like