Viburnum dilatatum 'Sealing Wax'
(Linden Viburnum) New to us, this is an unusual small to medium sized deciduous shrub with clusters of tiny white flowers in early summer followed by vivid wax-red berries in late summer and autumn.
A superb choice of shrub for colourful berries. Usually best fruit display when planted in a sunny position with a little shelter from strong winds. May be grown in a large container if required.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, this is an unusual small to medium sized deciduous shrub with clusters of tiny white flowers in early summer followed by vivid wax-red berries in late summer and autumn. The summer leaves are dark green with red and purple tints before falling in autumn.
Suitable for a position in sun or light, this plant will usually produce a better display of berries with another Viburnum dilatatum cultivar or the species nearby as a pollinator.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Viburnum dilatatum 'Sealing Wax' grows to be a small shrub initially or eventually medium sized with a semi-tiered habit once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers