Quercus ellipsoidalis 'Hemelrijk'
(Northern Pin Oak) A handsome tree, Quercus ellipsoidalis 'Hemelrijk' has bright green leaves which turn a brilliant-red in autumn and can last for weeks.
Supplied Size: 2L deep containers (small number of young plants available this year)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A handsome tree, Quercus ellipsoidalis 'Hemelrijk' has bright green leaves which turn a brilliant-red in autumn and can last for weeks. The tree then retains its cinnamon coloured, dead leaves throughout winter before they finally fall in very early spring.
In late spring, the emerging young leaves have a faint pink flush for a few fleeting days. Quercus ellipsoidalis 'Hemelrijk' is a majestic, vigorous tree suitable for planting in large gardens and woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained soil. Avoid areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Quercus ellipsoidalis 'Hemelrijk' is a large tree with a narrow crown once established.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: 12 m (40 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like