Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar'
(Columnar Pin Oak) An exciting new oak, Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar' is an very upright, narrow tree initially, spreading a little once mature with lovely orange/red autumn colour once established.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
An exciting new oak, Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar' is an very upright, narrow tree initially, spreading a little once mature with lovely orange/red autumn colour once established.
A very good choice for small gardens or areas where space is limited. Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar' can also make an eye-catching tree for avenues or street planting.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil. Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar' grows well in most areas but will produce its most vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Quercus palustris 'Green Pillar' is a medium sized, narrow, upright tree gradually becoming pyramidal once mature.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft ) but very narrow for the first 15 - 20 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow