Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata'
(Variegated Turkey Oak) A true gem of the plant world, Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' has exceptionally pretty, cream variegated foliage from spring until autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A true gem of the plant world, Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' has exceptionally pretty, cream variegated foliage from spring until autumn. These leaves are dark green with a striking creamy-white border.
Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' is a small tree with a broad, spreading habit, ideal for brightening up small or large gardens!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained. Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' grows well on chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow
- Habit: Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' eventually grows to be a small tree with a spreading, rounded crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: There is a memorable specimen of Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata' at Inverewe Gardens (shown in the photo on the far right), in the north-west of Scotland which is well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Variegated, Honey Fungus Resistant