Quercus robur 'Timuki'
(Purple-leaved English Oak) Quercus robur 'Timuki' is a rare purple leaved selection of our native pedunculate (English) oak was discovered in 1998 in Lithuania by a Mr Timuks, after whom it is named.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This rare purple leaved selection of our native pedunculate (English) oak was discovered in 1998 in Lithuania by a Mr Timuks, after whom it is named. This cultivar doesn't generally suffer from mildew which disfigures some oaks in summer,
Quercus robur 'Timuki' has lovely, large leaves which are greenish-purple when they emerge, turning a more vivid, dark red or purple later in the summer.
Slow to establish, once settled down this is a reliable and colourful garden tree. Best for patient gardeners.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any, fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained ground. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small tree with a rounded crown once established.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: This oak will grow in light, dappled shade but in such a position will not develop such a strong purple leaf colour. This plant is similar to Quercus robur 'Purpurea' except that the leaves are larger and a darker shade of purple.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £18.95
New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £20.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £25.00
Regular price £28.00 -10% New Price Each £25.20
- On sale!
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00
- On sale!