Achillea millefolium 'Walther Funcke'
A lovely perennial, Achillea 'Walther Funcke' has elegant, dissected leaves and flat clusters of deep orange-red flowers in summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A lovely perennial, Achillea 'Walther Funcke' has elegant, dissected leaves and flat clusters of deep orange-red flowers in summer. Ideal for a sunny herbaceous border, the flower heads can be dried or left standing in the border for early winter once dead, where they will look stunning when rimmed with frost.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: The flower stems should be cut back to the ground and removed in late winter. The Achillea is native to Europe and is named for the mythical Greek hero Achilles.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers