(Kasnak oak) A very rare oak, Quercus vulcanica 'Kasnak' is native to Turkey and grows to be a tree with a broad crown once established in the UK with large, deeply cut leaves.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A very rare oak, Quercus vulcanica 'Kasnak' is native to Turkey and grows to be a tree in the UK with large, deeply cut leaves. The leaves are dark green with a pale green underside and once established develops deeply fissured bark.
Best when planted in a position with good drainage and plenty of sun. Prefers some shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained moist, fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate
- Habit: Quercus vulcanica 'Kasnak' eventually grows to be a medium sized tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Leaf Shape - Unusual , Rare and Unusual