Quercus rubra 'Wolfdonks Pride'
(Variegated Red Oak) A rare cultivar, Quercus rubra 'Wolfdonks Pride' has large leaves with variable pale white variegation which turn orange and red in the autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare cultivar, Quercus rubra 'Wolfdonks Pride' has large leaves with variable pale white variegation which turn orange and red in the autumn before falling. Slower growing than a typical Quercus rubra, this w ill grow to be a small tree in time and is best planted in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Quercus rubra 'Wolfdonks Pride' is somewhat dependent upon the soil pH and the foliage will produce a better, stronger autumn colour in more acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Quercus rubra 'Wolfdonks Pride' requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a small tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Variegated