Quercus x sargentii 'Thomas'
(Sargent Oak) A hybrid oak, Quercus x sargentii 'Thomas' comes from the National Arboretum in Washington and has interesting leaves with superb red autumn colour.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A hybrid oak, Quercus x sargentii 'Thomas' comes from the National Arboretum in Washington and has interesting leaves with superb red autumn colour.
We have a young specimen planted in our arboretum (shown in the photos above) and the combination of habit, leaves and autumn colour is excellent.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Quercus x sargentii will eventually grow to be a large branching tree with a broad crown.
- Height: 20 m+ (65 ft)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual