Quercus x warei 'Windcandle'
(Windcandle Oak) A rare oak with a narrow habit (similar to the flame of a candle, hence its common name) and light green leaves which develop mustard yellow and bronze tints in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare oak with a narrow habit (similar to the flame of a candle, hence its common name) and light green leaves which develop mustard yellow and bronze tints in autumn before falling.
Quercus x warei 'Windcandle' is a fascinating tree and the columnar habit it develops makes it ideal for smaller gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Quercus x warei 'Windcandle' grows to be a narrow, upright, medium sized tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft) in many years
- Spread: up to 2.5 - 5 m (8 - 16 ft)
- Notes: Quercus x warei 'Windcandle' is the result of a cross between Quercus robur and Quercus bicolor.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual