(Swamp Chestnut Oak) Rare in the United Kingdom, this Quercus michauxii has dark green leaves with some leaves turning deep red while others stay green late into autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Rare in the United Kingdom, this Quercus michauxii has dark green leaves with some leaves turning deep red while others stay green late into autumn. Once established this oak can bear masses of large acorns every few years after a warm summer.
Quercus michauxii is a handsome specimen tree suitable for larger gardens and woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained ground. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Quercus michauxii appreciates shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Quercus michauxii grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, rounded tree .
- Height: Eventually up to 20m (65 ft)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual