Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf'
(Dwarf Pin Oak) A rare and very slow growing selection of pin oak, Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf' has a dense, bushy habit and glossy green leaves which turn rich-red and orange in autumn before falling.
This plant is only available as small specimens in limited numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare and very slow growing selection of pin oak, Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf' has a dense, bushy habit and glossy green leaves which turn rich-red and orange in autumn before falling. This is a much smaller plant than the classic pin oak and is particularly suitable to gardens with limited space.
Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf' is a fantastic plant but very slow growing and not for instant gratification! Ideal for patient gardeners.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil. Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf' grows well in most areas but will produce its most vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Quercus palustris 'Green dwarf' is effectively a shrub for many years but will eventually grow to be a very small tree with a densely branching, rounded crown.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £14.95New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £16.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £395.00New Price Each £25.00