Quercus robur 'Purpurea'
(Purple-leaved English Oak) Quercus robur 'Purpurea' is a rare selection of our native English oak with wonderful, smoky-purple coloured leaves and a densely branching, rounded habit.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Rare selection of our native English oak with wonderful, smoky-purple coloured leaves and a densely branching, rounded habit. A little slow to grow when young, Quercus robur 'Purpurea' will form a spectacular and colourful ornamental tree given time.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained ground. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small tree with a rounded crown once established.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: This oak will grow in light, dappled shade but in such a position will not develop such a strong purple leaf colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £19.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £35.00