Quercus rubra 'Boltes Gold'
(Golden-leaved Oak) A rare oak tree, Quercus rubra 'Boltes Gold' has golden-yellow leaves in spring, darkening to lime green as they age and turning shades of red and orange in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare oak tree, Quercus rubra 'Boltes Gold' has golden-yellow leaves in spring, darkening to lime green as they age and turning shades of red and orange in autumn.
The clear yellow leaves of this selection are less prone to burning than the more common Quercus rubra 'Aurea'. A small or eventually medium sized garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Quercus rubra 'Boltes Gold' is somewhat dependant upon the soil pH and the foliage will produce a better, stronger autumn colour in more acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Quercus rubra 'Boltes Gold' requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
- On sale!