Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire'
(Red Oak) A fantastic and unusual oak tree, Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' is known for consistently giving long lasting displays of brilliant, butter-yellow leaf colours each autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A fantastic and unusual oak tree, Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' is known for consistently giving long lasting displays of brilliant, butter-yellow leaf colours each autumn. This yellow colour is particularly vivid and good for brightening up a dark corner of a garden in the autumn.
Slow to grow initially, Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' is a lovely small garden tree and an excellent choice for inspiring autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' is somewhat dependent upon the soil pH and the foliage will produce a better, stronger autumn colour in more acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' appreciates shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow initially but moderate once established.
- Habit: Small tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual